With the tagging wing attempts to alleviate the difficulty of identifying and controlling the birds
- The wing marks allow:
- Keeping track of the birds.
- They help to demonstrate the origin of the different species, ie, you can know how to mix different populations.
- They allow information about the social structure of marked birds.
- Knowing patterns and hunting behavior of individual birds.
- Help reduce illegal bird trade.
- They provide information on migration patterns.
All methods of marking and identification of birds have advantages and disadvantages. The most effective can be a combination of different methods. It is important to note that the method used to mark and identify each bird must be an individual method, ie, it must use the system best suited to each type of species.
So you have to know what their habits and what is the environment in which it feeds and reproduces the bird mark, this is essential, and must always be taken into consideration before choosing the most suitable marking system.
The use of a color or wrong size wing marks can also seriously interfere with vital processes, and severely affect the species that are to study and protect. The right choice can make the difference between success and failure of the project, study or work.
Our wing marks are fixed to the membrane by ear tags that possess both birds and bats in their wings and, thanks to limited nerve endings, practically causes no pain to the animal at the time of drilling.